For many parents choosing a daycare program can be a struggle. Not only are they expensive, but some places may not require any sort of formal training for those who are in charge, which means there’s no guarantee of the quality of care their child receives.
The good news for Triangle area residents is that standard daycare centers aren’t the only options available! Paramount Montessori in Morrisville offers dynamic programs for half or full academic days, before or aftercare, and with other schedule options to suit individual needs. So, whether looking for a daycare or Montessori program, there are a few things to know before coming to a decision.
5 questions to ask when touring a daycare or Montessori school are:
- What programs are available? Ultimately, parents need to know if the center or school they’re touring will meet their needs. After all, there’s no sense in selecting an option that won’t fit in a family’s schedule. Paramount Montessori offers a wide range of options for families to consider!
- What are tuition costs? Childcare is expensive, and regular daycare centers can charge exorbitant amounts weekly for only part-time care. Our Montessori programs are more affordable and we have flexible payment plan options so families are never burdened with a large cost upfront.
- What is the staff to child ratio? Is the staff trained? It’s not a good sign when a center is understaffed or experiences a high turnover rate. Trained and licensed staff will be sure to provide quality care and attention in any situation that could arise.
- Are there toilet training requirements? Most daycares and Montessori schools will require successful toilet training before a child is enrolled. Find out the details and plan accordingly.
- Are there any holiday or vacation closings? Childcare workers and teachers need time off, too. Be sure to ask if they observe any holidays or have down times so that schedules can be accommodated.
Our programs at Paramount Montessori are affordable, flexible, and best of all fun for children to learn and grow. To schedule a tour and learn more about what we offer, contact us today!
Research shows that children will perform better in school when their parents are actively involved in their education. Children who are supported in their education will also tend to find more enjoyment and value in learning and working alongside their peers.
So, what are the best ways for parents to get involved and boost their child’s education?
5 easy tips for Paramount Montessori parents to engage with and encourage their children’s education are:
- Read Together. Reading every day will help children to increase their vocabulary and understanding of how written language works. Reading educational and helpful for language development, it also encourages children to use their imagination and problem-solving skills. Be active readers and ask questions and discuss the stories together!
- Play Board Games. These games are usually kid-friendly and fun, but they’re also great tools for teaching how to count, read, strategize, and work in a team. There are also some studies that suggest playing board games or with puzzles will help develop a child’s spatial reasoning ability.
- Experience Nature. Making time to play outside is integral to a child’s development and education. There’s a great, big world out there to explore and plenty to learn! It’s also beneficial for children to participate in daily exercise, so get outside and play together!
- Talk Openly. The adage, “children should be seen and not heard” is terribly outdated. In fact, studies have shown that children develop the framework for language long before they speak, so start talking to them early! Once they can talk back, encourage them to express their ideas and engage them in conversation.
- Teach in Mundane Moments. For us adults, the daily routine is second-nature and we understand how things work. However, children are experiencing all of this for the first time and they have lots of questions.
At Paramount Montessori in Morrisville, we focus on providing enriching learning experiences to your children and we firmly believe that parent involvement makes the difference in a child’s receptiveness to learning. To schedule a tour and find out more about our Montessori programs, contact us today!